EMC Site Surveys
An EMC survey is performed in order to determine the types of electromagnetic (EM) phenomena/Radio Frequency (RF) that are present in a certain location. With multiple types of antennas, Gauss Meters, EMI Radiation Meters, and RF Exposure Meters, we measure the frequencies, and levels of Electromagnetics/Radio Frequency, as well as the amounts of RF and Magnetic Field Exposure in the area.
Electrical Product Compliance Testing
F2 Labs offers a full range of compliance testing services. We are fully equipped to test and approve a wide range of electrical products and equipment for organizational and governmental certifications, from battery chargers and lighting equipment to medical electrical equipment and wireless devices. Request a quote today!
RF site surveys are most often requested for the following reasons:
- EMC site surveys can be helpful in identifying issues that might be present with unreliable equipment. It can help determine whether the problem is being caused by RF interference and can help pinpoint where the issue is coming from.
- To ensure that the performance of new electronic equipment is not impacted by other electromagnetics in the environment
- To ensure that the installation of the product does not affect the existing equipment or infrastructure.
- To ensure that high power RF equipment is not the cause of health concern
- To ensure that high power RF equipment does not interfere with medical devices, such as pacemakers.
- To help determine if a location is safe for your product before you install it in that area.
F2 Labs can assist you with your EMC site survey needs. Our experienced staff will accurately measure signal levels and interference sources to ensure EMC compliance.
- ICNIRP Guidelines Vol. 74 #4, Apr. 1998 Figure 2 Limits, General public
- IEEE C95.1:2005, IEEE Standard for Safety Levels with Respect to Human Exposure to Radio Frequency Electromagnetic Fields, 3 kHz to 300 GHz (used as Guidance Document Only)
- IEEE C95.3:2002, IEEE Recommended Practice for Measurements and Computations of Radio Frequency Electromagnetic Fields With Respect to Human Exposure to Such Fields, 100 kHz-300 GHz