CSA Standards Testing & Certification
If you are selling your product in Canada, you must comply with the applicable nationally accepted CSA standards. F2 Labs can evaluate and test your product, help you through the certification process and enable you to certify your product to CSA standards.
The Standards Council of Canada (SCC) regulates all electrical products in Canada by stipulating that these products be suitably third-party safety approved by an SCC accredited laboratory. A manufacturer has the option to use the accredited lab of its choice for the testing and certification of their products. Additionally, they can expect that customers/retailers will accept products that have been certified by an SCC accredited lab.
We partner with SGS, who is an SCC-accredited certification body, in order to provide our clients with product certification to the CSA standards. F2 Labs would perform all certification testing to the CSA standards and perform the factory inspections, as well.
Canadian (CSA) Certification Process
In Canada, you have two different options for product certification. They are as follows:
Canadian Field Label Evaluation: This is a customized field certification service performed on a limited number of units at the location of final installation. Products are evaluated to the full requirements of the applicable CSA or other standard(s). A Field Label Report and a controlled number of serialized labels bearing the certification mark will be issued for products found compliant to the applicable requirements.
Listing/Certification Evaluation: : While the product itself will be evaluated and tested for conformance with the appropriate CSA or other standards, the manufacturer must also be able to demonstrate a Quality Control system to assure that all future products will continue to conform. This process includes: an Initial Customer Application/Quality System Review, Initial Factory Inspection and ongoing Quarterly Inspections.
Steps to Product Certification
- Product Testing and Evaluation: : A sample of your product and supporting documentation will be evaluated and tested to the applicable safety standard(s).
- Initial Factory Inspection: Just prior to the issuance of your first certification an Initial Factory Inspection will be performed. This is done only once.
- Annual Listing Fees: Annual Listing Fees can vary, please contact us for a quote of these fees.
- Quarterly Inspections: Quarterly inspections, or follow-up visits, will be performed at each manufacturing site. During these visits the inspector will review, among other things: production line tests, quality procedures and documentation, product revisions, required markings, etc.
- Fees for the above services: Fees per facility vary depending on the number of product categories being listed, and inspection fees are dependent upon location of the facility.
F2 Labs can provide testing to the applicable standards for the following Types of Products / Equipment:
- Information Technology Equipment (ITE)
- Scientific Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Test & Measurement Equipment
- Lighting Equipment
- Household Appliances / Electric Tools
- Audio / Video Equipment
- Medical Equipment
- Electrical Control Equipment
- Electrical Laboratory Equipment
- And others
If you have any questions, please Contact Us. We will be happy to discuss the Canadian (CSA) testing and certification process in more detail with you to meet your specific needs and requirements.
Here are some of the standards that F2 Labs can evaluate your product to:
- CSA 601.1
- UL/CSA 60601
- UL/CSA 61010-1
- UL/CSA 61010
- UL/CSA 60950-1
- UL/CSA 60065
- UL/CSA 60745-1
- UL/CSA 60745
- CSA 107.2
- CSA 107.1
- CSA 04
- CSA 14
- CSA 243
- CSA 236
- CSA 128
- CSA 46
- UL/CSA 60079
- CSA 47
- CSA 64-10
|Don’t see the test you’re looking for? Give us a call, we can help!|