EMC/EMI Testing Services
F2 Labs can work with you during each phase of your design development – from your prototype phase compliance consulting to final product compliance testing and global approval management. Our technical staff can work with you at your location for electromagnetic testing and approval management or test your product at our facilities with our state of the art EMC/EMI testing equipment. Feel free to witness your testing at our modern EMC/EMI facility where you can also learn more about the electromagnetic testing procedures. We are available to provide you with one or all of the following:
- Preliminary Design Review – Remove any question whether a product will meet any EMC emissions requirements, we will perform a pre-scan. This data cannot be used for formal approvals but will reduce the likelihood of surprises during the final testing phase. (Be sure to check out our EMC Design Guidelines to help you eliminate some common EMC headaches.)
- Design Review – Our engineers offer you EMC compliance at the early design and prototype stages of your product development. This work can be done at our facility or it can be conducted at your facility. This allows you to be part of the process and provides you with a better understanding of the requirements.
- Testing Capabilities – Our technical experts can provide onsite or offsite testing services. F2 Labs offers you fully equipped testing laboratories that provide a range of testing for the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Korea and more.
- Debugging at F2 Labs – Not only do we identify the non-compliances found during an evaluation, but we also help you fix the problems. This decreases your turnaround time and gets your products to the market in the timeframe that you need.
- Documentation Preparation – Once we have completed testing, F2 Labs can provide you with formal Test Reports. A Technical Documentation File (TDF) can also be constructed and submitted to a Notified Body, if necessary.
- EMC Consulting Services – Our EMC compliance consulting team is ready to help your product each phase of the way from prototype to shipment.
|F2 Labs EMC/EMI Testing Services Guide|
|EMC Directive 2014/30/EU, formerly 2004/108/EC||European Union|
|Radio Equipment Directive 2014/53/EU (RED), formerly R&TTE Directive||European Union|
|NFPA 1982||United States|
|MIL-STD 461F||United States|
|Radiated Immunity (IEC/EN 61000-4-3)||This test introduces RF energy to all sides of the enclosure. This is to ensure the product will operate as it is intended when in the presence of any RF signals.|
|Conducted Immunity (IEC/EN 61000-4-6)||This test introduces RF energy to the power input port and any cable that can be 3 meters or longer when used by the end user. This is to ensure the product will operate as intended when RF fields are present near cables that can act as antennas and carry the RF into the product.|
|Surge Immunity (IEC/EN 61000-4-5)||This test applies numerous surge pulses to the power input port of the product. This test simulates a nearby lightning strike, cloud to cloud lighting nearby, or power surges down the mains low voltage line supplied from the power company and is to ensure the product will continue to operate as intended after such a phenomenon should occur.|
|ESD Immunity (IEC/EN 61000-4-2)||Introduces static discharges to the product in multiple areas on the exterior and at different levels, to ensure the product will continue to operate as intended after any such static discharge should occur. Static discharges can come from walking on a carpet or rug or even from wearing a sweater or simply from wiping feet on a rug.|
|EFT Immunity (IEC/EN 61000-4-4)||This test introduces Fast Transient pulses to input power ports of the product and any cable that can be 3 meters or longer when used by the end user. These fast transient pulses simulate any switching that may go on in the location of use. This type of transient pulse can come from just switching a light or fan on or off.|
|Voltage Dips/Interrupts (IEC/EN 61000-4-11)||This test reduces the input voltage to the product by different amounts and even up to 100% interruption to simulate a brown out, a dip in supply voltage from the power company, and even a full power outage.|
|Magnetic Fields Immunity (IEC/EN 61000-4-8), if required||This test introduces Magnetic Fields on all sides of the enclosure of the product to ensure it will operate as intended when in the presence of Magnetic Fields.|
|Flicker/Voltage Fluctuation Emissions (IEC/EN 61000-3-3)||This test measures the amount of voltage fluctuations and voltage flicker caused by the product and being sent out to other devices and facilities.|
|Harmonic Current/Emissions (IEC/EN 61000-3-2)||This test measures the amount of Harmonic Emissions being produced by the product and then sent back down the input power port to other equipment or the low voltage network.|
|Radiated Emissions (IEC/EN 55011)||This test measures the amount of RF Emissions coming off or out of the product’s enclosure and any cable that could be acting as an antenna.|
|Conducted Emissions (IEC/EN 55011)||This test measures the amount of RF Emissions that are being produced and sent back to the mains Low Voltage Network, that could interfere with any other device or facility sharing the same mains power.|
EMC/EMI Testing Services
- EMC Directive 2014/30/EU, formerly 2004/108/EC – EMC Directive 2014/30/EU, formerly 2004/108/EC, testing ensures the correct operation of equipment that responds to electromagnetic phenomena, is operated in the same electromagnetic environment and the avoidance of any interference effects.
- Radio Equipment Directive 2014/53/EU (RED), formerly R&TTE Directive – F2 Labs can assist you with your Radio Equipment Directive 2014/53/EU (RED), formerly R&TTE Directive, testing needs.
- Medical Device Testing – With more than 20 years of experience, F2 Labs can provide you with the necessary medical device testing and certification to get your product in the hands of doctors and patients on a timely schedule.
- EMC Site Survey – An EMC site survey is performed in order to determine the types of electromagnetic (EM) phenomena/Radio Frequency (RF) that are present in a certain location.
- FCC Testing – Manufacturers who sell electrical and/or digital products in the United States must have their products tested by an accredited lab certified by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) along with Industry Canada.
- Industry Canada Testing – F2 Labs can provide you with Industry Canada Certification and Verification testing.
- IEC Testing – F2 Labs can assist you in testing your electrical products to the applicable International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards.
- MIL-STD Testing – F2 Labs can assist you with pre-testing your products to United States Military Standards: MIL-STD 461.